Email us at email@example.comMulticolored Aurora Opals in Black and White Lab Created Opals with a Play-Of-Color in Blue, Orange and Green Opal Samples: Aurora Opal Shop
Aurora OpalRough Lab Created Opals Multicolored Opals with a Non-Directional and Swirly Pattern of Play-of-Color.
Aurora Opal (Lab Created Opals) - Details and Description
Fine Crystalline Opals with a Non-Directional Pattern of Play-of-Color
Aurora opals are available as rough opals in different colors as black opals with orange, green or blue play-of color or white opals with orange fire.
They will be delivered as blocks in sizes of 115 x 115 x 40 mm and weights of ~650 grams.
This new type of lab created opal doesn't show a columnar pattern typical for opals grown by sedimentation. Thus, an orientation of the opals prior cutting is not necessary anymore.
Furthermore, in contrast to conventional impregnated synthetic opal the preparation method by homogeneous crystallization allows a significant lower silica content. This makes processing of Aurora opals much easier and this type of lab created opal can be drilled, carved and cut by standard carbide tools and turned on a lathe.
Aurora Opal - Black and White Opal with a lively Play-of-ColorMulticolored opals with a non-directional and swirly pattern of play-of-color. Description and Properties
Aurora Opals - Description and Properties
- Opal: Type 1, Homogeneously Crystallized
- Body Color: Black, Violet, Blue, Green, Orange, Red or White
- Play-of-Color: Multicolored, Dominant Green, Orange or Blue
- Opal Pattern: Irregular and Fine Crystalline with Non-Directional Swirls
- Specific Gravity: 1.3 - 1.4 g/cm3
- Index of Refraction (RI): 1.49 - 1.50
- Porosity: Non-Porous
- Temperature Resistance: up to 140°C
- Hardness (Pencil Hardness): 4
- Composition: 15-20% SiO2 + 85-80% Resin
- Form of Delivery: Rough Opals
- Shape: Quadratic Slabs with Rounded Corners
- Size: 115 x 115 x 40 mm
- Weight: 650 grams
- If you are looking for coarse-grained opals with big crystallites, please visit:
- Resin Free Created Opals are available here: